DRYER VENT CLEANING
Residential or Commercial Properties
Dryer manufacturers recommend that dryer vents should be cleaned once a year. Not only does this keep the machine running efficiently but also helps prevent fires as a result of lint-clogged vents.
Reason why you should keep your dryer vents clean:
- Build up of lint is FLAMMABLE
- Keeps your dryer running efficient
- Ensures a longer dryer life
- Less Maintenance or break downs
The biggest concern is the chance of fire due to clogged dryer vents. Did you know that 80% of fires are accredited to dryer vents that have not been maintained and cleaned? Clogged vents are extremely flammable. If your dryer does not have the proper air flow, you will have a fire.
How to prevent a loss due to dryer vent fires?
- Every three months you should clean the vent pipe of lint and debris
- Ensure that you clean the lint filter every load.
- Use a brush to clean the inside lint filter every six months
- Ensure the vent system behind the dryer is not damaged
- Ensure the outside vent is open
- Ensure the heat elements are getting proper air flow with proper maintenances
A more efficient dryer uses less electricity which means you save money!
If your dryer is not working properly, this means you are either running a longer dry cycle or restarting a dry cycle to dry your clothes. This will increase your electric bill. Typically the average cost to run your dryer is 50 cents an hour. To avoid spending more to dry your clothes, make sure you maintain a clean vent routine.
Did you know that a clogged vent means trapped moisture inside the tube? This means mold! This can lead to respiratory problems and allergic reactions. This will also make cleaning more difficult. It is necessary that a dryer has the ability to release the hot air and moisture.
Let us get you on a maintenance plan!
Save lives, save time, save money!